Learn the Ayurvedic Model of Health Care and Massage Techniques; Garshana & Abhyanga
2 Days, August 9th & 10th • 9:00am-4:00pm each day
12 CEU's for LMT, NCBTMB and NAMA
In this training you will learn one and two practitioner formats · participants will work with each other, giving and receiving massage
Garshana Massage is a silk glove massage that exfoliates the skin and stimulates lymphatic flow and drainage and is an optimal preparation for Abhyanga Massage.
Abhyanga Massage is a rhythmic body massage with warm Ayurvedic oils that helps arterial and lymphatic circulation and drainage and is the signature Ayurvedic massage modality
• Setting up the treatment room, and preparing to deliver Ayurvedic Massage; necessary equipment and products, and qualities of practitioner and self care
• Ayurvedic anatomy including, 5 elements, doshic theory and function, physiology and psychology, understanding your unique body type, and the nature of imbalance, its affects and relationship to the senses, and the importance of adaptation for daily and seasonal rhythms
• Assessment tools, techniques and intake methods to evaluate and identify Ayurvedic constitution, and doshic nature and imbalances in order to provide a safe and therapeutic massage
• Selecting appropriate treatment protocol; choosing oil, adapting speed, pressure, language to individualize the Ayurvedic Massage Therapy
• Learning the sequence:
Upon completion, students will be able to:
• Prepare themselves and their treatment rooms to administer Ayurvedic Garshana and Abhyanga Massage
• Understand and articulate Ayurvedic Anatomy, physiology and psychology as it relates to massage therapy
• Intake and assessment of client, to identify Ayurvedic constitution, and doshic imbalances in order to provide a safe and therapeutic massage
• Perform Ayurvedic massage that is individualized according to the nature of the client and imbalances that are present. Determine appropriate protocol, draping, strokes, speed, pressure, duration and frequency, and select appropriate Ayurvedic oils, and how to heat and apply them
• Perform one and two practitioner Garshana and Abhyanga massage formats
• Learn the role of Panchakarma and Ayurvedic massage in traditional Ayurvedic protocol for rejuvenation, detoxification, relaxation, and rebalancing the body, mind and energy; its function, scope, and purpose, and the Ayurvedic definition of health, root cause of disease, in an Ayurvedic healing context
Bring: Massage Table, 2 sets of sheets, 2 bath towels, and 4 hand towels
Massage oil provided · Please notify us of any allergies
Tuition: $265 includes 1 pair of Garshana Gloves to use and keep. (If you already have a pair of Garshana Gloves, contact us in advance for a $20 reduction)
12 CEU credit for Massage Therapists and Ayurvedic Practitioners:
12 contact hours of hands on training in Garshana and Abhyanga Therapeutic Ayurvedic Massage including applied Ayurvedic theory that supports safe, therapeutic and optimal practice and self care with Chaya~Sharon Heller, NCBTMB Approved Provider #50-119283, PACE CEU credit for Ayurvedic Consultants & Practitioners (approved by The National Ayurvedic Medical Association, NAMA)
Program Location: Country Inn & Suites, 4015 SW 43rd St, Gainesville, FL 32608
August 9 & 10, 2018
We have reserved a limited number of group rate hotel rooms for early registration. Please contact us.
Depending upon how many people register we may hold the entire program at the hotel rather than our studio and some of you may bring a massage table.
For questions please Contact us.
Please read the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Refunds for cancellation or any class changes requested 14 days before scheduled class will incur a $25 administration fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellation/change requests after 14 days prior to scheduled class.
- Registration for this class is considered agreement to these simple terms.
Intro to ChayaVeda; An Ayurvedic Approach to Healthcare and Wellness
Monday, February 06, 2017, 02:45pm - 05:15pm
Learn principles of Ayurveda with practical tools for self-care, good health, rejuvenation, and vitality, with applications for massage therapy, in a supportive group setting that encourages transformative learning.
Chaya distills this life wisdom tradition and oldest comprehensive health care system and science of self healing, rejuvenation and longevity, into 2.5 hours packed with practical information and experiences to sculpt and implement a personal plan that evolves health and well being, and its signature role for massage therapy.
· Foundations and function of Ayurveda’s anatomy and physiology
· Ayurveda’s definition of health, 3 root causes of disease and disease process
· Ayurvedic body type (dosha), prakriti, one’s natural state, its attributes and tendencies
· Qualities of mind and their relationship to vikriti, one’s current state, and imbalances
· Daily and seasonal routines including food, adapted for one’s dosha, prakriti, vikriti, age and condition
· Practical applications of Ayurveda for massage therapy
· The profound philosophy Ayurveda shares with yoga
Course Fee: $20 includes handouts.
Registration same as for the course above.
This is an approved elective for students at The Florida School of Massage, offers 2 CEU's for LMT's, and is also open to the public.
Please arrive early to check in so we can begin promptly.
Location Florida School of Massage, 6421 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608.
Payment confirms your enrollment, no refunds available for this program.